This long-lasting harmonious planting offers interest in all seasons with Dahlias, Verbena and Grasses.
Starting in spring with the abundant white blossoms of Crabapple. They are followed by a symphony of flower colors in summer where the tall purple wands of Brazilian Verbena, and the pretty crimson velvety flowers of Dahlia intermingle with the profuse clusters of fuscia-like, salmon flowers of Cape Fuchsia.
As fall approaches, Himalayan Fairy Grass puts on a splendid show with its delicate silky flower plumes gracefully arching above it’s lush foliage and swaying elegantly in the breeze. Both the foliage of the Acer and Malus ignite to brilliant shades of red, orange and gold before shedding to the ground.
Very attractive to hummingbirds, butterflies and birds, this interesting plant combinations reveals its splendor, season after season.
Plants in this Garden:
- Verbena Bonariensis (Tall Verbena)
- Miscanthus Nepalensis (Himalayan Fairy Grass)
- Dahlia Coccinea (Scarlet Dahlia)
- Astelia ‘Silver Shadow’ (Silver Spear)
- Phygelius x Rectus ‘African Queen’ (Cape Fuchsia)
- Malus ‘Evereste’ (Crabapple)
- Acer Griseum (Paperbark Maple)